In 2018, I ran a grassroots movement to become a Delegate to serve District 9A in the Maryland State House. I successfully won the Democratic Party primary and was one of my Party’s nominees for the District. (District 9A has two delegates.) I didn’t win in the general election, but I learned a lot about my community and campaigning.
I’m not a career politician. 2018 was the first time I had run for public office. My platform focused on bipartisanship and government accountability:
• To control development and grow our communities in smart, affordable, and sustainable ways,
• To advocate for those with mental health, cognitive, and physical disabilities,
• To champion the development of clean, renewable, sustainable energy for Maryland,
• To keep clean and protect the Chesapeake Bay, and
• To demand excellence and accountability in our schools to better prepare our children for their futures.
I put people before politics, value partnership over partisanship, and place communities of faith and love above those who would sow doubt and spread hate.
Video produced by the Carroll Media Center, 1301 Washington Road, Westminster, MD 21157